Best Pet Friendly Apartments in Charlotte, NC
If you’re searching for pet friendly Charlotte, NC apartments, you’re probably overwhelmed with the search results. Popular apartment communities all across the Charlotte area happily accept pets. Thankfully, North Carolina’s apartment homes are very accommodating for pets and their parents!
The flip side is that you, the dog friendly mover, need to find the right dog friendly Charlotte, NC apartment in a sea of thousands of listings.
But have no fear! We combed through the listings and are ready to help you find the pet-friendly apartment community that’s perfect for you and your pet. Below are some leads for what we think are some of the most accommodating and functional Charlotte apartments for pet lovers!
We looked through listings on all the major apartment finder websites, checked reviews, pet policies, amenities and price ranges to compile this list of best Charlotte area apartment leads. Good luck and happy apartment hunting!
Apartments in Charlotte, NC with no breed restrictions:
Breed restrictions are a major pain-point for pet parents who are also renters. We get it! That’s why we started this resource with a section for pet-friendly Charlotte, NC apartments without breed restrictions.
Firstly, MAA Communities is a property management group in Charlotte that manages many pet-friendly properties for renters. They’re a great place to begin if you’re looking for a pet-friendly place without breed restrictions.
Matthews Commons is an MAA community property located at 905 Matthews Commons Drive
Matthews, NC 28105. Its pet-friendly amenities are impressive, and include a “Bark Park” dog park, pet wash stations, and best of all, no breed restrictions! Apartments range from $1178-$1908 for 1-3 bedrooms.
Similar MAA Communities (none have breed restrictions) can be found all throughout the Charlotte area, as well as other major NC cities. Some that include Bark Parks are:
- MAA Fifty-One at 1301 Crescent Lane, Matthews, NC 28105
- MAA Chancellor Park at 8215 University Ridge Drive, Charlotte, NC 28213
- MAA Ayrsley at 9005 Lenox Pointe Drive, Charlotte, NC 28273
- MAA City Grand at 608 McCullough Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262
- MAA Gateway at 120 N. Cedar Street Suite 735, Charlotte, NC 28202
- MAA Reserve at 2720 South Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28209
Another complex without breed restrictions is the Sharon Crossing Apartment Homes complex. These apartments also offer bark parks so you and your furry friend can enjoy more of the great outdoors together. They have a 2 pet maximum limit with pet deposits running from $300-$450. There is also a $20 additional monthly pet rent fee.
The Sharon Crossing apartments are located at 2123 El Verano Cir, Charlotte, NC 28210. Rents range from $895 to $1380 with several different floor plans available for each.
Best luxury apartments for pet parents in Charlotte
For dog lovers who don’t typically need to worry about breed restrictions, there are even more apartments available for you in the pet-friendly city of Charlotte.
Here are some of our favorite amenity-rich, prime location apartment rentals for pet parents in Charlotte:
1. The Camden Apartments. This list is filtered by pet-friendly locations with air conditioning, a fitness center, and a recycling program:
a. Camden Grandview at 309 E. Morehead Street Charlotte, NC 28202, Their 1-3 bedroom apartments range from $1,599/month. They also offer a pool, fitness center, 24-hour yoga studio, billiards room and lounge, and much more.
b. Camden South End at 1205 South Tryon Street Charlotte, NC 28203 offers 1-2 bedrooms, beginning at $1,609. They allow up to three pets per apartment with no weight restrictions. You can find more about their pet policies and amenities via the Camden South End link above.
c. Camden Gallery apartments are studio and 1 bedroom apartments located at 1750 Camden Road Charlotte, NC 28203. Rents begin at $1709 and the complex has an off-leash dog park. Click here for more on their pet policy and breed restrictions.
d. Camden Dilworth is located at 1510 Scott Avenue Charlotte, NC 28203 and offers 1-2 bedroom apartments starting at $1709. They have similar amenities and pet policies. Best of all, they’re located within 2 miles of the locally famous Little Friends Pet Sitting dog-walking and pet-sitting company. Click here to review those.
2. 808 Hawthorne Plaza Midwood is located at 808 Hawthorne Lane Charlotte, NC 28204. This pet-friendly community offers a variety of floor plans, from studio to 3 bedrooms. They allow a maximum of two pets, with breed restrictions, and a monthly pet rent of $20/month.
3. Magnolia Heights at 3720-103 Wendwood Lane, Charlotte, NC 28211 offers a pool, 24-hour fitness center, indoor and outdoor lounges, and allows 2 pets with a pet rent of $25/month and one time fee of $300.
The Vue Charlotte is a luxury apartment building in the heart of downtown Charlotte. Its long list of impressive amenities includes a pet park on the 7th floor, a pet run on the ground floor, and a newly expanded weight limit for dogs.
Affordable pet friendly apartments in Charlotte, NC
Not ready for the luxury price tag? These apartments offer more affordable options for pet parents with many of the same great amenities and services:
- GreenRock Estates at 7259 Point Lake Dr, Charlotte, NC 28227 offers 1-3 bedrooms for rents ranging from $903-$1483. They’re pet friendly with a dog park, swimming pool, and nature walk. Their pet policy includes a weight limit of 75 lb, a maximum of 2 pets, and a one-time fee of $350. More on that here.
- Arbor Steele Creek at 12235 Stone Arbor Way, Charlotte, NC 28273 is similarly pet-friendly with a one-time fee of $550. More on their pet policies here.
- Avant at Steele Creek is located at 13212 Winter Hazel Rd, Charlotte, NC 28278 with rents for their 1-4 bedrooms ranging from $1185-$1840. Their pet amenities include a pet play area. Their fees and rents are listed here.
Other resources for dog-friendly and cat-friendly apartments in Charlotte
The Charlotte Humane Society provides this free resource via their website with hundreds of apartment listings and their pet policies and fees.
The good news is, there are hundreds of apartment leads in this resource, and the Humane Society works hard to protect the welfare of pets and other animals. Housing scarcity for pet owners can be a huge driver for increased pet populations in local shelters, so the Humane Society wants to keep you informed!
As a reminder though, these are apartment leads, and pet policies may have changed since the last resource update. If you’re still searching for a rental, check out the list and reach out to individual complexes and communities for updated policies.
Major listing sites for your pet-friendly Charlotte NC apartment hunt include:
These websites will help you find all of the pet-friendly apartments for rent in the Charlotte area. Be sure to set your filters based on price range, amenities, and pet allowances. Good luck, and welcome to Charlotte!